Airfoil plotter (goe101-il)
GOE 101 AIRFOIL - Gottingen 101 airfoil
Plot and print the shape of an airfoil (aerofoil) for your specific chord width and transformation. The dat file data can either be loaded from the airfoil databaseor your own airfoils which can be entered hereand they will appear in the list of airfoils in the form below.
|Open full size plan in new window||Open paginated plan in new window for multi page printing|
|CSV file of coordinates||SVG image as text file|
|Restore defaults||Download PDF file|
Please refer to the information page for details of how the dat files are parsed and any parser warnings that appear in the form above.
The tranformations are applied in the following order.
- Thickness - The dat file Y coordinate is multiplied by the thickness / 100
- Reverse - If the reverse tick box is set the Y coordinate is reversed (Y = -Y) to invert the image about the X axis
- Origin - The X coordinate is adjusted to move the position of the origin (X = X - (origin / 100) )
- Chord width - The X and Y coordinates are multiplied by the chord width to convert the values to millimetres
- Radius - If the radius is non zero the X and Y coordinates are transformed around a circle with a centre at X=0 and Y=(radius value)
- Pitch - The X and Y coordinates are rotated about the origin by the pitch angle.